Porter County Social Security Attorney
Disabilities can take many forms, whether they are subjective conditions such as post traumatic stress syndrome or narcolepsy, or more objective illnesses like diabetes or heart disease. Indiana social security disability lawyer Julie R. Glade has the career experience, know-how, and personal touch to effectively pursue your social security disability benefits claims. Please contact the Indiana social security disability lawyers at The Law Office of Julie R. Glade, RN, JD, today. You pay no attorney fees for social security disputes unless you win.
Claimants may have to move through many stages of the application process before they are awarded social security benefits. If you believe you are disabled, you must first submit the initial application. The vast majority of initial applications are denied, even though the applicant has submitted medical records in support of the request for disability benefits. Typically, the SSA will make its initial determination in approximately 3-6 months after the application is submitted.
The second process involves a Request for Reconsideration, which is set in motion by submitting the proper paperwork within 60 days from the initial denial. The SSA will then "reconsider" the denial of your application for benefits. You are entitled to submit additional evidence for the SSA to consider. After approximately 3-6 months, the SSA will award benefits (for about 20% of requests for reconsideration) or will deny the request for reconsideration (for the remaining 80% of applicants, approximately). You then have 60 days to request a hearing before an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ).
Hearings are set about 6 mos. to one year after your request for hearing is filed. You can continue to submit evidence for the SSA to consider. At the hearing, you will have the chance to speak directly to the ALJ and attempt to persuade him or her of your disability and entitlement to benefits. If you are awarded benefits, GOOD WORK! If you are denied, there are further appeals you may elect to take.
Just being disabled may not be enough to receive benefits; a claimant must establish that he or she is unable to work according to a very specific formula, and must do so, at least in part, with medical evidence. My experience as a registered nurse allows me to clarify my clients' medical issues and documentation and determine how they best fit within the government's requirements.
I can efficiently review and interpret your medical records, talk with doctors to assist you in obtaining necessary medical tests, if possible, and work with other health care providers to obtain the most helpful medical evidence available, all with the goal of promoting the medical evidence that best demonstrates your entitlement to social security disability benefits. If you have questions about social security disability benefits or disability insurance, please contact the Law Office of Julie R. Glade, RN, JD. I can help.
I represent social security disability (SSD) clients with initial applications, requests for reconsideration and administrative law judge hearings.
I would be happy to discuss the details of your case. Simply schedule an appointment with me, social security disability attorney Julie R. Glade, by calling (219) 576-6194 or toll-free (888) 341-8044 or by filling out the contact form on this web site. From my law office in Merrillville, I serve clients throughout Lake County and Porter County in Northwest Indiana.