Civil Law Attorney Helping Clients with Guardianship & Adoptions For 15 Years
- Lawyer Julie R. Glade provides top-rated representation and has earned several positive reviews highlighting her aggressively supportive approach to family law and honest compassion for her clients.
- Attorney Glade offers years of experience, making The Law Office of Julie R. Glade, RN, JD a skilled law firm in Merrillville, IN.
Helping Clients With Guardianship & Adoptions For 15 Years
At the Law Office of Julie R. Glade, RN, JD, I help caretakers obtain the legal right to care for another person and that person’s financial affairs. In Indiana, this can be done when people establish guardianship. It can also be achieved through adoption.
You may find yourself in a position where you need court approval to care for a parent, a grandchild, an adult child, a minor child, or another individual. A guardianship proceeding is the legal process for obtaining this court approval. You may need court appointment as the legal guardian of another person in circumstances such as:
- When a minor child’s biological parents are unable to care for the child. Sometimes, a child’s parent is unable to care for his or her children due to illness, incapacity, incarceration or financial inability. A court may think it’s best to appoint a legal guardian to provide for the child and take care of his or her wellbeing and financial concerns.
- If you are the parent of a minor child who received a personal injury settlement, life insurance benefit or inheritance. Even if you are the child’s biological parent, you may need court approval to manage the child’s money until he or she reaches the age of majority.
- If you need to care for a spouse, a parent or an adult child who does not have the capacity to sign a power of attorney. If you are unable to obtain a power of attorney that permits you to make financial and medical decisions for an incapacitated person, it may be necessary to seek appointment as that person’s legal guardian.
How Can An Adoption Attorney Help Me?
Adoption can be one of the most important events of your life, and will create a special relationship between you and the person you are adopting. A successful adoption requires that all procedures and details be carried out appropriately and on a timely basis. When a biological parent is no longer in the picture, I often help stepparents and grandparents adopt the child or children they are caring for.
In addition to relative and stepparent adoptions, I have assisted families in the adoption of hard-to-place children, and have worked with an adoption agency whose function was to locate children for potential adoptive parents.
For more information, please visit our Adoption FAQ page.
Contact A Lake County Legal Guardianship and Adoption Law Firm Today
I would be happy to evaluate your case if you give me the opportunity. The idea of family is very important to me. In addition, I am a seasoned lawyer who will work diligently to get you the best possible outcome. I have years of professional legal experience protecting clients in cases involving property division, child support, child custody and visitation agreements, divorce, and paternity issues. Simply schedule an appointment by placing a call to my law firm at (219) 736-0456 or by filling out the contact form on this website. From my law office in Merrillville, I serve clients throughout Lake County and Porter County in Northwest Indiana. If you are facing a family-related legal issue, don’t waste any time–contact a Lake County adoption lawyer today.