Crown Point Family Law Attorney
- Divorce and legal separation – Many people in Indiana go into a divorce wanting to make their spouse pay for the hurt he or she has caused. A contested divorce can leave both parties emotionally hurt and financially drained. My goal is to assist my clients to get to their desired result as effectively as possible. As an experienced family law attorney, I offer representation and legal services to clients who are seeking to get a divorce in and around Crown Point, Indiana. Using methods such as collaborative law and mediation, I can increase your chances of seeing effective negotiations and an amicable resolution to this legal issue. I can also assist you with a variety of family law issues, including high net worth divorce, real estate and property division, as well as uncontested divorce using my unique perspective as a former nurse and health care practitioner.
- Child custody, child support and visitation – The differences between sole, joint, legal and physical custody can be subtle but can make a substantial difference in your approach to parenting and co-parenting a child. Child support and parenting time issues are determined based on the specific circumstances that surround you and your child. Contact us if you have a family law issue; I will help you through your issues with compassion and understanding.
- Guardianship and adoption – You may find yourself in a position where you need court approval and appointment as a guardian to care for a parent, a grandchild, an adult child or even a minor child. You may be seeking an adoption, which can be one of the most important events of your life. A successful adoption requires that all procedures and details be carried out accurately and on a timely basis. I can offer legal advice, representation and guidance on all of your adoption and guardianship issues.
- Paternity action – Paternity actions, today and historically, are initiated by mothers who need to obtain child support payments from the biological father of their child. However, many of the paternity cases I handle are initiated by fathers who want to support and enhance their relationships with their biological children.
- Military family law – I am able to tailor my family law services to suit the needs of military servicemen and women and their families. Whether stationed here in the U.S. or abroad, I can work closely with clients through various forms of technology to ensure that issues such as divorce, division of assets and military retirement benefits, and child custody are addressed as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Personal injury and wrongful death – To prevail in a personal injury or wrongful death claim, plaintiffs must establish that the defendant breached a duty to the plaintiff and that this breach caused the plaintiff’s injury. My firm handles personal injury matters, including car accidents. As a registered nurse and lawyer, I have a unique perspective when I evaluate the medical issues specific to your claim.
- Medical malpractice – Doctors, hospitals and other health care providers have a duty to provide health care that meets specific standards. If a violation of these standards causes injury or death to a patient, the patient or the patient’s family may have grounds to pursue compensation by filing a medical malpractice lawsuit.
Other Areas of Practice
- Social Security Disability – Just having a disability may not be enough for you to receive Social Security Disability benefits; a claimant must establish that he or she is unable to work, according to very specific requirements, and must do so, at least in part, with medical evidence.
- Professional License Defense – For a nurse, doctor, pharmacist or other licensed health care professional, few events can be more devastating than the suspension or revocation of your professional license. This can pose a major challenge to your ability to earn a living and continue the career in the profession or area of business that you love. If you face a challenge to your professional license for any reason, give me an opportunity to evaluate your case.
- Criminal Defense – We can defend you on a variety of criminal misdemeanor matters, including traffic violations, commercial driver’s license (CDL) defense, and OWI defense (drunk driving).
Contact Me for an Attorney Consultation
I would be happy to evaluate your case if you give me the opportunity. Simply schedule an appointment by calling (219) 736-0456 or by filling out the contact form on this web site. From my law office in Merrillville, I serve clients throughout Lake County and Porter County in Northwest Indiana.